Los Angeles – Labor & Employment Associate (Hybrid)
Stokes Wagner’s Los Angeles office is seeking a LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ASSOCIATE with 1 to 3 years of experience. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $170,000. The associate will also be eligible for performance-based bonuses. This is a hybrid position with opportunities to work remotely. Stokes Wagner is a premier litigation boutique law firm dedicated to advocating for hospitality clients around the country. Our clients stop at nothing to provide five-star service to their guests, and we take the same approach to the practice of law. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication and people skills who will thrive in a fast-paced and diverse working environment and is capable of providing high-quality work and results.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle all stages of employment defense litigation.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on various employment law issues, including but not limited to FEHA, ADA, FMLA, wage/hour, employment compliance and other areas requiring legal counsel to avoid or mitigate risks.
- Represent employers in labor matters.
- Prepare and conduct various workplace trainings.
- Active Member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- Experience in labor and employment and/or general civil litigation cases.
- Excellent oral advocacy and written communication skills.
- Jury, Deposition, and MSJ Experience.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited university.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Love of the Human Race.
- Impeccable work ethic.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Preferred, but not required:
- Prior hospitality-industry experience.
- Multilingual (Spanish preferred).
- Multiple bar admissions.
Are you ready to explore the world of hospitality law? Send your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter and a writing sample will not be considered.
We look forward to getting back to you.